Leeds Precision Instruments, Inc., ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accredited for Calibrations, provides service with trained and certified service technicians.
Due to the increased prevalence of the forensic community making the move to ISO/IEC 17025:2005, the Leeds LCF3 Firearms & Tool Marks and LCT Trace Evidence Comparison Microscopes now come with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 certified documentation for magnification matching and measurement. Leeds has always calibrated and certified magnification to NIST traceable standards on every LCF and LCT microscope sold. What is new is that now every new system comes with system-unique documentation detailing calibration lab error, uncertainty, magnification matching, and measurement resolution, allowing firearms examination and trace evidence equipment to easily fit into quality assurance programs utilizing ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
For forensic laboratories that have previously purchased Leeds comparison microsocpe systems, Leeds Precision Instruments, Inc.’s Service Department can perform a re-calibration in the field generating the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 documentation.
Leeds service department is accredited by PJLA to perform calibrations by trained and certified service technicians on equipment in addition to maintenance, repair, and cleaning of all manufacturers microscopes.
Advantages of Leeds ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Calibration service:
- On-Site calibrations- reduces down time and extra verification steps of off-site calibrations
- Microscope Service and repair are performed at the time of calibration.
- Highly trained, experienced, and accredited field service microscope technicians specialized in all major manufacturers brands of microscopes.
- Provides documentation and error reporting needed in ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
- Assists labs in maintaining high standards of quality assurance, through rigorous record keeping, and adherence to ACLASS accreditation standards.